If you’re planning a visit to the Colosseum, there are a few things you can do to make the most of your experience. One of the most important is to choose the right day to visit.
Weekdays are better than weekends
The Colosseum is busiest on weekends! especially during the summer months.
If you can, try to visit on a weekday. You’ll have shorter lines and more space to explore.
Mornings are best
The Colosseum opens at 8:30 am, and it’s best to arrive as early as possible. This will give you time to see the site before the crowds arrive.
Avoid peak season
The summer months are the busiest time to visit Rome, so if you can, try to visit during the shoulder seasons (spring or fall). You’ll still have warm weather, but the crowds will be smaller.
Consider a guided tour
A guided tour is a great way to learn more about the Colosseum’s history and architecture. There are many different tours available, so you can choose one that fits your interests and budget.
🎟️ Are you looking for more information on the Colosseum? Read my post: Colosseum of Rome: Useful Informations
Here are some tips for visiting the Colosseum on a weekday:
- Arrive at the Colosseum as early as possible. The ticket office opens at 8:30 am, and the lines can get long quickly.
- Buy your tickets online in advance. This will save you time and money.
- Consider taking a guided tour. A guided tour is a great way to learn more about the Colosseum’s history and architecture.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing a lot of walking.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat. The weather in Rome can be hot and sunny.
By following these tips, you can make the most of your visit to the Colosseum.